Last Updated: September 12, 2019
|Collection of Information||Information You Provide to Us
When you open an account, we ask you to provide certain information such as your name, email address, home address, phone number, and details about your home. We also collect information when you register your mobile device, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, or otherwise choose to provide information to us.
Information About Your Use of the Platform
We collect information about your use of the Platform, such as your energy usage and other operational data.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use the Platform, we automatically collect information about you, including:
● Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Platform.
● Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
● Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
● Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We may use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Platform and your experience, see which areas and features of our Platform are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Platform or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
● Information We Collect from Other Sources: We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Platform. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to publicly available sources.
|Use of Information||We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Platform. We may also use the information we collect to:
● Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
● Communicate with you about products, services, features, offers, and events offered by Hubsai and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
● Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Platform;
● Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Hubsai and others;
● Personalize and improve the Platform and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
· Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
· Comply with our legal obligations; and
· Enforce, or otherwise use in connection with, any terms governing use of our Platform.
|Sharing of Information||We will not share data except in the following circumstances:
● With vendors, contractors and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
● With the operators of third-party devices with which the Platform integrates in order to provide smart-home services to you;
● In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
● If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Hubsai or others;
● In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Hubsai assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
● With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share information about your use of the Platform, such as your energy usage and other operational data, for purposes of creating reports and benchmarks and to allow you to anonymously compare energy usage with energy usage of similar homes.
|We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.|
|Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries||Hubsai is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.|
|Your Choices||Account Information
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete your account, you may do so by deleting our mobile application from your mobile device, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Platform.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Do Not Track Notice
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a preference available in many web browsers which allows you to inform websites you visit that you do not want them collecting information about you. Hubsai does not respond to DNT signals. For further details regarding DNT, visit donottrack.us.